Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day 2: Tour of Munich

My goal for Friday was to tour as many of Munich's many sights as possible in one day and head out Saturday morning for Salzburg. The day was pretty cool and overcast but thankfully did not rain. I took the U-Bahn from my Hotel to Marienplatz at the center of the city. I had my handy tourist map in hand and set out for a long day of sightseeing. Munich is an interesting mix of old and new, historic and modern structures. I really enjoyed my time there. Below are a few of the shots from that day.



Marienplatz..the center of the city.




The famous Neues Rathhaus.




Another shot of the Rathaus. Very ornate exterior.




Old school transportation




Unfortunately, the Glockenspiel under heavy wraps :(




Frauenkirche (Cathedral of Our Blessed Lady)




Yours truly in front of National & Residenz Theater




One more of the National Theater




Theatinerkirche undergoing facelift




Statue of King Ludwig near Odeonsplatz




Hofgarten Temple near the Residenz



North side of the the Residenz




Fuzzy pic of the Hofbrauhaus



Hofbrauhaus was packed so went next door to Ayinger
for some beer and dinner.



Beer, Sausages, Kraut, Pretzel and sweet mustard.
I like Germany!


So I hoped back on the U-Bahn to the hotel to get some shut eye before heading
out to Salzburg in the morning.

No comments: